Other Shape Guitars!

Im seeking images of guitars that dont look like the normal guitar shapes.... I remember seeing one in a guitar mag a few years ago of an angel shape. Anyway, I wondered if anyone has any images of different guitars. I know they may not play and balance as well as the traditional styles... but ... they could be fun!

MikeB

Im not sure of the rules about images on here but hope we can add them here for inspiration. Thought it might be interesting to see what else is out there.

MikeB

Here's one for you:

The Orchid Bass Sprouts An Unusual Neck

And since no post is complete without image goodness, here you go:

Orchid-Bass-Guitar.jpg

Regards,

Robert

Here's one for you:

The Orchid Bass Sprouts An Unusual Neck

And since no post is complete without image goodness, here you go:

Orchid-Bass-Guitar.jpg

Regards,

Robert

Am I going insane, or is that a 23-fret neck?????? :D :D

Maybe the double dot isn't on the 12th fret, but it looks like it is..........

I would hate having the vol pot in that position too. I think my hand would catch on the edge of the fingerboard when trying to turn the knob.

Pity, cos I really like the overall look of the thing!

DJ

I would hate having the vol pot in that position too. I think my hand would catch on the edge of the fingerboard when trying to turn the knob.

Pity, cos I really like the overall look of the thing!

DJ

It's a custom guitar so I'm sure the builder can accomodate a different location.

Regards,

Robert

The Roland G707 in Scab's link above is pretty neat.

I like this guitar from Eastwood - the first time I saw it was on the main page, I figured the photo was just cropped interestingly - then the link took me to that picture and I was like "huh?"

I also love the Vox Phantom and the Ovation Breadwinner.

yeah the g-707 is a very interesting ax. I've never had a chance to play one, but I'm sure they're great. I've got 2 Ibanez IMG2010's and they're a dream. Heavier than crap (all maple construction) but very solid w/ grafite reinforcments in there neck. I like threads like this, b/c it shows that people still have an open mind to changing things rather than having a "standard". New ideas are coming up very frequently lately, and being a new builder it's kinda hard to comprehend some of the stuff that people are doing (beings we're still learning the standard). But i can always appreciate a change that makes something easier!

there was a chain pub near me that used to have loads of guitars screwed directly to the wall. For the most part they were just really cheap 3/4 sized rubbish but amongst them was a roland G-707 and a lime green peavey T-60. Ok, neither are particularly desirable guitars to most people but i think a screw hole straight through the body and headstock was a bit harsh.

I did offer to replace them if i could have them but they didnt like that. Eventually they remodelled and most of the guitars went but unfortunately i missed my chance to get them.

been a fan of the roland since

there was a chain pub near me that used to have loads of guitars screwed directly to the wall. For the most part they were just really cheap 3/4 sized rubbish but amongst them was a roland G-707 and a lime green peavey T-60. Ok, neither are particularly desirable guitars to most people but i think a screw hole straight through the body and headstock was a bit harsh.

I did offer to replace them if i could have them but they didnt like that. Eventually they remodelled and most of the guitars went but unfortunately i missed my chance to get them.

been a fan of the roland since

Heck yeah! I've had my sights on building more acoustics for a while, but not really electrics. The only electric I would want to build would be a replica of the Ibanez's IMG2010 (w/ a neck thru instead of a bolt on). More and more statistics will change before I get around to it :D But I do agree the G-707's odd design is amongst one of the coolest (especially w/ the graphite stabilizer bar)! I hope I get a chance to play one someday :D

Loved the old T-60's, I don't know why.