Started Building Some Pedals

I've spent christmas in Australia and too keep myself busy I've started building stompboxes. I've built a byoc tube screamer earlier, but this time I'm doing it from scratch etching the pcb's and all.

This is the first one I built, it's a simple treble booster, haven't tried it out with a tube amp here, but it makes the cheap practise amp I have over here sound surprisingly good.

DSC00089.jpg

Finished it really simple with a beat-up kinda look, but the most important part is that it goes to 11!

After that I got working on a compressor wich is pretty much finished, except for an IC wich I'm waiting for to arrive.

Also need to put it in a box but if someone's interested I have a shot of the populated pcb.

Compressor

The latest project is a phaser wich is completely finished except for some IC's I'm waiting for for this one as well.

I'm just gonna have to come up with a paint scheme for the box as well but here it is as it looks now.

DSC00116.jpg

Inside

Heh, awesome, the treble booster cracked me up! That's not a bad way to keep busy, building some effects boxes. Where did you get your parts, were they all from BYOC?

I was actually looking into getting a tube screamer kit from either them or GGG. GGG is cheaper, though, so it sways my vote a bit. How's the sound quality on the BYOC you bought?

The sound is great from the byoc tube screamer, it also comes with parts to do several mods on it so you can tweak it.

The other three where built from scratch from parts from a local electronics store, they carried all the stuff to etch pcb's as well wich turned out to be surprisingly simple. Here's an example of the phaser pcb.

DSC00103.jpg

I got my schematics and layouts from tonepad.com for these builds.

• 3 weeks later...

gitarr029.jpg

That's the half-finished state the enclosure is in at the moment.

You should really give effects building a go Strandberg, really rewarding and I feel you get a better understanding on all of the controls of the effect.

Also I think it's great because it doesn't take as long as building guitars, so it's a great thing to whip together while waiting for a finish to dry perhaps..