Graphtech Ghost Wiring

jammy

I'm installing my first ghost system at the mo (with the pre amp), and I've hit a bit of a snag...

My question regards the jack socket wiring, as I plan to use a barrel style stereo jack (with 3 connectors) rather than the supplied unit with 4. The guitar will be used with a mono lead in to a single amplifier.

Is there a way to wire the pre-amp with one of these style jack sockets so it switches battery power in and out when plugging/un plugging the guitar?

My thoughts would be hard wire the amp on (what wire connections would be made to do this?) then switch the earth of the battery on/off using the jack socket as in the installation of active pickups.

The pre amp is apparently fet switched on an off when the plug is insterted (broken connections on a switched jack) so I'm not totally convinced I can hard wire it on, and removing it's power will "reset" it into it's off state.

hmm...

Anyone?

The pre amp is apparently fet switched on an off when the plug is insterted (broken connections on a switched jack)

You are exactly right. All you need to do is leave the the wire the goes to the switch on the jack unconnected. Now wire the negative lead from the battery to the ring terminal on the stereo jack, just like you normally would.

I'm saying this from memory, so I'm not quite 100% it will work. But I'm fairly sure it will. It's worth a try, anyway, you certainly won't fry the preamp or anything if it doesn't work.

Edited by fookgub