Ready-made Templates?

This thread brings up a good point, using CNC to make your templates. I'm starting to think about this summer's builds, (working mostly outside, I'm a seasonal builder) and getting ready to start working on some templates for such. I'm thinking of mostly focusing on builds quite akin to what I've already done, at least as far as body styles and such go, and focusing on honing things like my finishing skills and such. I'm getting ready to build nicer templates (many of mine aren't in great shape) for these builds and things I need in the future.

I'm probably going to start calling around to the local places, maybe an email to the guitar-template websites, but I'm curious - as I'm wrapping up full-size plans in my computer, (as opposed to the dogeared hand-drawn ones rolled up in the closet) does anyone know of businesses that would take a file, and CNC/laser cut me a template out of sturdy materials? If the price was right (and yes, I expect to pay this, but it's a matter of what my time ends up being worth to me - I'd be very interested in saving a couple of afternoons and just getting material that needed a bit of sanding) I'd be very interested in getting a couple of body templates, as well as a few templates for things that I use that aren't readily available - firebird-style minibuckers, P-90 templates that fit (seriously, the ones I have from Stew Mac are just big enough to look sloppy), Jaguar trems (okay, maybe not that one, it's a square that ends up totally hidden) headstocks, neck pockets, etc… Perhaps there's a forum member with the resources to do this?

This thread brings up a good point, using CNC to make your templates. I'm starting to think about this summer's builds, (working mostly outside, I'm a seasonal builder) and getting ready to start working on some templates for such. I'm thinking of mostly focusing on builds quite akin to what I've already done, at least as far as body styles and such go, and focusing on honing things like my finishing skills and such. I'm getting ready to build nicer templates (many of mine aren't in great shape) for these builds and things I need in the future.

I'm probably going to start calling around to the local places, maybe an email to the guitar-template websites, but I'm curious - as I'm wrapping up full-size plans in my computer, (as opposed to the dogeared hand-drawn ones rolled up in the closet) does anyone know of businesses that would take a file, and CNC/laser cut me a template out of sturdy materials? If the price was right (and yes, I expect to pay this, but it's a matter of what my time ends up being worth to me - I'd be very interested in saving a couple of afternoons and just getting material that needed a bit of sanding) I'd be very interested in getting a couple of body templates, as well as a few templates for things that I use that aren't readily available - firebird-style minibuckers, P-90 templates that fit (seriously, the ones I have from Stew Mac are just big enough to look sloppy), Jaguar trems (okay, maybe not that one, it's a square that ends up totally hidden) headstocks, neck pockets, etc… Perhaps there's a forum member with the resources to do this?

guitarbuildingtemplates does custom templates. you just send them a pic or a file and they will work it out. i sent him just a pic and he drew it up for free and cut it for 25 bucks. i would email him just to see again. since they went to cnc cutting, they are much more clean and accurate.