What Now

after....and slot the fretboard before you taper it too.you need a square edge to work off of when you cut those slots.

You don't need it to be square if you use the Stew Hack Box. I scribed a center line in the lexan template so I can use pre tapered boards. draw a center line on the board and line it up with the line in the template and you're in business. I use it for cutting the 23rd and 24th fret slots on the boards that only come slotted for 22 frets

after....and slot the fretboard before you taper it too.you need a square edge to work off of when you cut those slots.

You don't need it to be square if you use the Stew Hack Box. I scribed a center line in the lexan template so I can use pre tapered boards. draw a center line on the board and line it up with the line in the template and you're in business. I use it for cutting the 23rd and 24th fret slots on the boards that only come slotted for 22 frets

i don't understand exactly what you mean...do you mean the stew mac fret slotting box?i just bought a plain old miter box because i didn't want to spend $80 on a box.it works well if you do things in a certain order.