Whats Up With The Olf ?

I don't know about the addy changing or anything, but I assume within the email it will tell you. From what I gather they were shooting for the 16th to start transferring and what have you, but that got pushed back. They said 3 days so around the 19th, but I don't think they started until sunday afternoon. I would assume when they have finished doing what they need to, the emails will be sent out with the temporary password for the newsite. Its a considerable undertaking so some hang ups are to be expected, hopefully it happens as it should. I can just see all the people out there getting edgy at home without their OLF outlet, I bet people are breaking out phone numbers, haha. J

Edited by jmrentis

Yeah, I can also see the forum and have been since they changed it. However, I am one of those people that once I sign in, all the topics disappear and I just have an empty index. I cannot alter my password either, I just have a single box instead of 3 I believe. This problem will hopefully be resolved soon enough and they know all about it and have their guys working on all the issues that have come up.

The issue with the topic disappearing has something to do with permissions, so they are working on a way to reset the global permission so everyone will regain access to the topics. Some people are having problems, some people are not. If you have it set to automatically sign you in, try signing out and see if anything changes.

Also, some people have reset passwords and requested new ones and that has fixed some of their problems. Anyhow, just wanted to inform you in case you still hadn't gotten in, they are working on it and hopefully it will soon be solved. I only rarely posted to begin with, so it's no skin off my teeth, besides it loads faster now and there are a bunch of new features, much nicer imo. Best of luck. J

Yeah, I had tried a few different things right off the bat, but it seemed as many had that similar issues that it was some issue on their end, so I decided just give them some time to sort it all out, it was no biggie as I said, I don't really post over there much, though I read a ton. Anyhow, I was excited to see this morning all the topics were there when signed in and I was able to alter my password and see pictures again. I haven't read many of the thread on everyones opinions of the new forum, but I'm very happy with how much quicker it loads and being able to edit and all the other goodies, very cool, well worth a couple days worth of issues. Thanks for the helps anyway Mattia, I appreciate it. Glad things are just about all worked out. I'd imagine now the swap meets will be much easier to understand and update. This last one wasn't too bad, some of the people did an excellent job updating and others did not. With the new forum, I bet it will run much smoother now. Thanks again. J

I bet if you checked it now it might work. It was the same issue I had I believe about having permission and I think they solved it, though maybe they haven't done so completely. Either way glad you got back in. Best of luck and see you there. J

I recently registered at the OLF so I could learn more about acoustics. I created an account, but for some reason whenever I log in, it automatically logs me out within a few seconds. Anybody else have this problem, or know how to fix it?