Taking A Pedal Apart And Putting It In A Guitar

zyonsdream

So I’d like to take my Danelectro distortion pedal and put it into my guitar. O I just wire the output of the guitar circuit into the input of the pedal and then wire the output of the pedal into the jack. Set up a stereo jack so the power is cut when unplugged and change the stomp switch to a toggle. Should work right? So why do I have the feeling it isn’t that Easy?

So I’d like to take my Danelectro distortion pedal and put it into my guitar. O I just wire the output of the guitar circuit into the input of the pedal and then wire the output of the pedal into the jack. Set up a stereo jack so the power is cut when unplugged and change the stomp switch to a toggle. Should work right? So why do I have the feeling it isn’t that Easy?

Don't know... sounds like you got it to me.

Maybe because finding space for the circuit board, any pedal controls, and the battery might not be easy? :D

Don't know... sounds like you got it to me.

Maybe because finding space for the circuit board, any pedal controls, and the battery might not be easy? :D

Well, the guitar will be a telecaster shape so fitting the controls will be cake but for some reason I think it has to be harder than just wiring the board into the circuit

I never gave thought to the LED. I was thinking of keeping the same push switch for bypass if I did that I could just use the LED. I guess the whole idea is a bit stupid given the fact that I can just plug into the effect but just for the "cool" factor I'd like to try it once.

It's one of the bigger Danelectro pedals (not the little platic ones) and I have not opened it up to see if it's true bypass.

its not true bypass.

and if you use a wah, get ready for it to sound nasal and annoying, seeing as people usually use distortion *after* phase effects, and putting the distortion first in the signal chain (ie inside the guitar) won't sound great with certain effects.