Transparent Cast "air Coil" Pickups

Prostheta

Yes - I found the sound a little overprocessed, and should ideally be played uncoloured as solo to let the sound shine through. The harmoniser didn't help! I think they perhaps are a little too ultra-clean in theory, but i'm not sure. It's not as though the demos helped me figure anything out :-\

The reviews on harmony central lean towards positive on the bass pups but not the guitar pups. Perhaps the low number of reviews doesn't allow it to be representative.

I'd love to hear them in a more "classic" sounding mix, with less processing definitely. I'm in the market for something "different" sounding as a bridge pickup for my current project as a counterpart to a sustainer, and they look intriguing, but I don't want to shell out $150 for a pickup without some decent sound clips and/or recommendations.

I'd definitely wait for some real reviews. The clips aren't helpful, and Harmony Central is a complete and utter waste of time when it comes to its user reviews. Worse than worthless.

The Q-tuner guys (guy? Erno Zwaan that wrote Animal Magnetism for Musicians?) have totaly missed the point that a sound clip should showcase the sound of the pickups not the amazing musicianship of the guy playing on the demo!