16" Archtop Plan?

I find it easier to scale up to the fretboard, myself. Nut to 12th fret, and the rest will follow, grasshopper :D

That is a really sweet looking archtop you've picked out, too. And if you can't/don't feel like you've got the dimensions accurate enough, give

http://www.guitarplansunlimited.com/

a shot. He can do custom paper plans, and I'm sure a design like that won't be too hard to whip up, ya know?

I find it easier to scale up to the fretboard, myself. Nut to 12th fret, and the rest will follow, grasshopper :D

That is a really sweet looking archtop you've picked out, too. And if you can't/don't feel like you've got the dimensions accurate enough, give

a shot. He can do custom paper plans, and I'm sure a design like that won't be too hard to whip up, ya know?

Thanx,

i have it like that:

tijelotd1.jpg

but i need other measures, belly height?

i know that scale is 24,9" and that body thickness is 3,5"

but i need something like plan to be sure, this will be my first acoust so i must not demolish expensive wood... :D)

thanx

Edited by The Truth

Then I recomend Bob Benedettos book. It sits on my shelf, been through it a couple of times, and I'm soon, soon ready to start. Very good plans and templates for a 16" archtop. 26$ for a book isn't much compared to what you will need to invest in for good quality wood and so on.

Then I recomend Bob Benedettos book. It sits on my shelf, been through it a couple of times, and I'm soon, soon ready to start. Very good plans and templates for a 16" archtop. 26$ for a book isn't much compared to what you will need to invest in for good quality wood and so on.

Hi!

i have and book, and DVD set, and plan of Benedetto :D

but everything in that material is about 17" archtop...i need a meassures of height of belly for 16" (without cutaway)

how thick must be board for top plate, i need this cause i wanna make a mold for top and back

can you help me, meassures of height of belly?

Thanx,

Alex

I do that too, but since the picture he posted didn't including the entire neck I just offered an alternative.

i have and book, and DVD set, and plan of Benedetto :D

but everything in that material is about 17" archtop...i need a meassures of height of belly for 16" (without cutaway)

how thick must be board for top plate, i need this cause i wanna make a mold for top and back

You already have all of your answers with your books, DVDs, and plans. Go with the same specs for the 17". Get the height measurements from Benedetto and redraw your curves to fit the new profile. If you are attempting an archtop guitar this task of engineering it should pose no problem. And it is best if you take the time to figure this out for yourself if you are to truly understand what you are going build.

~David

You already have all of your answers with your books, DVDs, and plans. Go with the same specs for the 17". Get the height measurements from Benedetto and redraw your curves to fit the new profile. If you are attempting an archtop guitar this task of engineering it should pose no problem. And it is best if you take the time to figure this out for yourself if you are to truly understand what you are going build.

~David

Thanx David,

I think that this is the best solution cause after my study i will know everythink about this guitar, and why is everything exacly that way...the bst way to build your instrument is to make your own plan...thanx, i have just ask to see is on market any plan of 16" body like i need

Thank you all!