Prints On Guitars?

Zeb_hendrix

I'd like to know how to put prints (pictures) on a guitar.

How do you put pictures on guitars with intricate pictures like Jimi hendrixs Psychedelic Flying V or Zakk Wyldes Les Pauls or the Jackson Dinkys with the skulls on them or any other type of guitars alike?

Are they just pieces of paper with the print with lots of layers of laquer over them.

Or painting using templates?

Chears if anyone can help with this.

=)

How do you put pictures on guitars with intricate pictures like Jimi hendrixs Psychedelic Flying V or Zakk Wyldes Les Pauls or the Jackson Dinkys with the skulls on them or any other type of guitars alike?

Are they just pieces of paper with the print with lots of layers of laquer over them.

=)

I know Jimi painted his V, whether he applied a finishing coat to it, I don't know.

I'm not sure on the others.

=)

I believe the graphics you mentioned above are all done differently ...

The Zakk Wylde "Bullseye" graphic is done by masking.

The Hendrix "V" graphics look to be hand painted.

And the Jackson "Skulls" look like they were done by airbrush.

I have seen some decals made of these airbrush style graphics on eBay, but I'm not too sure of the quality or just how well they work.

Ok so on most guitars that have pictures/prints on them their airbrushed on then lacquered.

But has anyone ever heard of getting a picture made on Paper or some suitable material to fit your guitar then laquer over it?

See my previous post :D

EDIT: Infact. here's a link http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/mat.htm

Edited by ToneMonkey