How Do I Hook An Led To A Simple On/off Foot Switch?

bscur

• 1 month later...

You need a DPDT switch. One half for the vibrato switching, the other for the LED. I don't know about Twin Reverb, but about 2 weeks ago I made a double foot switch for a clients Fender 75. The LED's in this instance are powered by the amp. In your case, if you go with a 9V battery, create a loop with the other half of the switch. One pole of the switch to + pole of the battery. The other pole to a 1.5Kohm resistor, to your LED, to the - of the battery. Don't forget, LED's have polarity. If you LED doesn't light, switch the leads around. If you you look closely at the LED, you'll notice 2 elements, one larger than the other. The larger element goes to negative or ground.

In any case, you'll have to remember to turn off the LED when your done with the pedal, or you'll run down the battery.

Cheers.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
...remember to turn off the LED when your done with the pedal, or you'll run down the battery.

A Stereo jack is essential with battery powered pedals, the ring normally goes to the -, then when the jack is inserted, it makes the circuit from ring (and battery) to earth. Unplugged - the battery is saved.