Putting A Badass Bridge On A Strat?

So I'm coming here to ask. Would a badass bridge work on a strat (rather, a strat copy)? I've got an old strat copy and a neck that I'll be refinishing.. as for the body, I'm going to put a hunk of wood in the trem cavity in the back, fill it, and finish it, so I can put on a hardtail. i want the badass bridge (http://www.leoquan.com/html/guitardetails.html) to go on it. I just need some clarification.

Thanks!

My thoughts are no. The Badass is set up like a TOM, which means that a neck angle will be necessary for proper playability. What WILL work are the Hipshot bridges. They're a quality, recommended product. Use the Fret Calculator to find out where to place the bridge.

Dang... Oh well, looks like I will be going for the regular hardtail. I would go with the hipshot bridges, but they're very expensive... I want to order from guitarfetish because of the amazingly cheap prices.

Thanks for the advice though! :D

sucks that I don't know how to get a neck pocket angle the way I want it, haha.

Sure you can use the Badass. It's all about the height of the saddles --you'll have to set the Badass in so that the saddle height will work with the strat neck.

Usually Badass bridges stand pretty tall (very tall, in fact), which is why most of the time you'll need an angle for the neck, because otherwise the fingerboard has to stand very proud of the body (have a look at most Rickenbackers). You can recess the Badass into the top to counter its height --and since the guitar is already routed for the strat trem, you can leave a bit of a gap behind so that you can still string up the Badass.

So it's possible. Not sure why you'd want a Badass instead of a hardtail though. But if you want it, it's possible. Have a look through the site for info on recessing the bridge.

Sure you can use the Badass. It's all about the height of the saddles --you'll have to set the Badass in so that the saddle height will work with the strat neck.

Usually Badass bridges stand pretty tall (very tall, in fact), which is why most of the time you'll need an angle for the neck, because otherwise the fingerboard has to stand very proud of the body (have a look at most Rickenbackers). You can recess the Badass into the top to counter its height --and since the guitar is already routed for the strat trem, you can leave a bit of a gap behind so that you can still string up the Badass.

So it's possible. Not sure why you'd want a Badass instead of a hardtail though. But if you want it, it's possible. Have a look through the site for info on recessing the bridge.

Ah, i didn't think that they'd stand that tall off of the body... so nevermind then, I'll just put a regular hardtail on there.

Thanks for the input! :D