Sealed Machine Head Repairs?

Go to the HFC and ask - someone will have one or, if you want a complete set, check on Ebay as Alpep has a load that he brought when the factory moved and he often list's them.

Oh, just going on from what Mattia said the machineheads are standard Schaller so you can always go and buy a Schaller branded one - no one will notice from 6 inches away.

I assume you mean the post that the string wraps around is bent. Or you could mean the shaft that the turning knob is on. In either case, why/how did it get bent ? I would think the first attempt to bend back would work with the tuner still on the neck. If a hollow metal tube fits over the shaft, maybe do that to bend it back.

I have only taken sealed tuners apart because they were beyond repair and I wanted to salvage some parts.

Well, I once jammed a thin flathead into the back disc on a gotoh, popped the sucker right out. All you need then is unscrew the gear from the shaft and your done. It's really straight forward.

On a related note, I have a black gotoh bass tuner with a snapped shaft for parts if anyone needs it...

Go to the HFC and ask - someone will have one or, if you want a complete set, check on Ebay as Alpep has a load that he brought when the factory moved and he often list's them.

Oh, just going on from what Mattia said the machineheads are standard Schaller so you can always go and buy a Schaller branded one - no one will notice from 6 inches away.

I'll check on ebay, see if I can find Alpep. will also check HFC. Yeah Hamer replied to me and said they are using standard Schaller machines now. I wonder if that little back plate with the Hamer name on it will pop off without damage?

I assume you mean the post that the string wraps around is bent. Or you could mean the shaft that the turning knob is on. In either case, why/how did it get bent ? I would think the first attempt to bend back would work with the tuner still on the neck. If a hollow metal tube fits over the shaft, maybe do that to bend it back.

I have only taken sealed tuners apart because they were beyond repair and I wanted to salvage some parts.

yeah its the shaft with the tuning knob thats bent. how and why its bent is unknown as I picked this bass up as a total wreck for restore. the chrome is peeling off.. you can search for Hamer blitz bass threads and see the condition it was in when I first got it, and also see it as it is now. I still have a way to go on this restore..

Well, I once jammed a thin flathead into the back disc on a gotoh, popped the sucker right out. All you need then is unscrew the gear from the shaft and your done. It's really straight forward.

On a related note, I have a black gotoh bass tuner with a snapped shaft for parts if anyone needs it...

I will see if the back plate will pop off. thats basicly the part I need the most for the Hamer brand on it. if it pops off I can buy new Schallers and which the back plates.

thanks for the help people