Some Fx Pedals

My first two pedal builds. My friend James and I worked together on our own TS808 clones, so if he sees this thread he should post his too!

#1: Mosfet Clean Boost

Boosts signal from 3 to 35dB without adding any signal distortion. This was a fairly simple one to build. I call it the "Little Pink Boost Box." My girlfriend made it all cutsie with the hearts and lettering :D

06.JPG

Boost 2

#2: TS808 Tube Screamer Clone

This pedal is actually two TS808's in one case. When both are on at once there is so much awesome feedback. I also added two switches for each pedal within the pedal: one to boost the bass/low end, and another to increase distortion. Both were easy mods to add in. The pedal also has a PBR faceplate which I am pretty pumped about, and matching colored LEDs. Theres also a layer of acrylic sheet on the bottom that shines two more LEDs mounted inside.

TS808 1

TS808 2

TS808 3

TS808 5

TS808 5

My next few pedals will be a fuzz, delay, and trem.

Edited by wwwdotcomdotnet

Nice! I like building pedals. It's fun and relaxing. Is that a Tonepad layout for the Tubescreamer? What size is that box that you crammed two 808s into?

Yeah, that is the Tonepad layout. I've seen a few others that would have worked, but that one is by far the best. As for the enclosure, I got both from this website. They have really cheap 3pdt switches as well.

Edited by wwwdotcomdotnet

Looks cool! Do you know any place for tutorials regarding fx pedals?

I like General Guitar Gadgets --his site has tons of informations, layouts for everything. I bought a couple of his kits --the Shinei (which is lame, but that's not his fault) and the Tubescreamer clone (which is awesome). He's really good at communicating too, responds to email questions pretty quickly. I had a problem with the shipment, and he got right on it and made things right. He might be a little more expensive though. On the other hand, he supplies you with everything you need, including the solder, and his wires are color-coded, which is helpful.

Hmm...maybe there's a way to modify the Shinei to make it a bit nastier?

I've been using the Tubescreamer with a Digitech Punkifier....feedback extreme!

Unless you're willing to study the electronics of it and design your own circuits (or at least mods for existing circuits) I think the kits are the best way to go --saves you the hassle of rounding up all the parts yourself.