Cnc Inlay Help Needed

I have an inlay idea, but I am not sure if it is doable, even with CNC.

I want to inlay the names of the notes in their respective positions all the way up the neck, using a different colour for each letter:

7colours2fl6.jpg

Here is a totally out of proportion mock up:

fretboard3gv3.jpg

Is anyone able to do this? Or should I just forget the lettering and find some coloured circles and inlay it myself?

Is anyone able to do this? Or should I just forget the lettering and find some coloured circles and inlay it myself?

I think that if you use different colours you don´t need the letters. Is more easy to recognize colours than letters on a fingerboard. Just my 2 cents. :D

I think that if you use different colours you don´t need the letters. Is more easy to recognize colours than letters on a fingerboard. Just my 2 cents. :D

touche!

good point, that is true just colors would be fine but i feel that such strong colors will make a large influence on the whole guitar, depending on the finish of the body...

The body might end up an 80s style fluoro yellow or green, so I'm not too worried about it looking a bit flashy :D

I'm hoping by having the letters there I will finally learn where all the notes are, and what notes are in which scales / chords etc. I could go with plain dots but I would prefer the letters as well so I will email Doug when I figure out the measurements.

You could just do the notes at the normal fret marker locations. Third fret D, G, C, F, A#, D, G. Fifth fret E, A, D, G, C, E, A. Seventh fret etc. IMO it would look more normal and finding your positions would still be just as easy. You would know the notes at those positions and hopefully in between them also.

Jeff

Edited by six_stringer