School Project

As far as designing you could have the kids do a design asthetically or for shape and what not and then the everyone as a whole would work on the winning design and work out the technical things like dimensions and scale and others. That would be more of a group idea, but anyway.

BTW what program are you guys using? Autodesk AutoCad, Inventor, Pro E? I'm involved in an engineering program up here in Michigan.

As far as designing you could have the kids do a design asthetically or for shape and what not and then the everyone as a whole would work on the winning design and work out the technical things like dimensions and scale and others. That would be more of a group idea, but anyway.

BTW what program are you guys using? Autodesk AutoCad, Inventor, Pro E? I'm involved in an engineering program up here in Michigan.

I will be using AutoCAD and Inventor. I think because of funding I am only going to build one. We are going to have the other students,other teachers and a poll on here to decide on the final design.

• 5 months later...
I will be having my students register and become members of this site in a week or two. This project has really started to get support behind it. Thank you for providing a forum for my students. :D

Just to keep yourself ahead of the game there is a book by Melvyn Hiscock which many of use have and is regarded as the bible for guitar making.

I've put a link to Amazon so you know what it looks like.

If you put the Isbn number into google you will find a list of retailers that have it, also the price varies quite a lot, I got mine for £10.50 ($20) but some shops were charging double that, even at that price though it's worth it.

Edited by jaycee