Fretboard Extravaganza

erikbojerik

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 on that bump. My friend and I just our Ziricote fretboards done and they look absolutely amazing and I can't wait to get them on an instrument. One bass board will be a replacement for a friends Peavey that I'm fixing and the other guitar scale will be for my next build. Very nice stuff, will post some pics at some point. Really excellent work, will be sending off for another board more than likely soon as I'm planning my friends wife's guitar, body is already on the way, so gotta get a fretboard going soon here. Anyhow, Erik does great work, far and away my first choice. Jason

If any of you guys are far enough along in your projects, post some photos!!

I'll kick it off - you've probably already seen this one, hope Perry doesn't mind a few more props - this is a killer axe! Ziricote fretboard on this one (Perry did his own slotting, radiusing and scalloping artistry).

xDSC_1937.jpg

xDSC_1956.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Some more fingerboards from the latest batch - opposite ends of the scale length range.

These are 17" scale (same as a tenor uke). Top-to-bottom are 2 bloodwoods, cocobolo and bocote.

mh.jpg

These are 34" bass scale, except for bottom one (guitar scale). Top-to-bottom are 2 bloodwoods, east indian rosewood, and QS wenge (guitar).

tjc1.jpg

Erik - looking to order; I had the spreadsheet at one point; but can't find where I put it. The links on the first page aren't working for me, I'm getting an invalid file error from Mediafire.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think at this point, any more vouching for Erik's service is needed, but I just got my cocobolo fretboard in the mail today, and it's awesome.

I gave Erik a rough idea of what I was looking for as far the cut of wood goes and such, and he got it perfect. Professionally done, and showed up a lot quicker than I thought it would. Everythings perfectly squared centered and it's right to specs. Awesome!

I can't wait to start building the neck to my next build.