Alsa Urethane Paints

gedlee

It's probably not the answer you want to hear, but follow the manufaturers instructions. The tech sheets usually tell you want primer and sealer to use. They have spent a lot of money developing their products for the optimum results. Even though, yes they want to sell more of their products, they are also designed to work together. Also with automotive urethanes, you get a quick and thick enough build that I would worry about sanding sealer.

Sanding sealer is a higher solids clear coat with a softening agent added (along the lines of soap). It is used to achieve a quick build and the softening agents make it easy to sand to level out.

It's probably not the answer you want to hear, but follow the manufaturers instructions. The tech sheets usually tell you want primer and sealer to use. They have spent a lot of money developing their products for the optimum results. Even though, yes they want to sell more of their products, they are also designed to work together. Also with automotive urethanes, you get a quick and thick enough build that I would worry about sanding sealer.

Sanding sealer is a higher solids clear coat with a softening agent added (along the lines of soap). It is used to achieve a quick build and the softening agents make it easy to sand to level out.

You would think reading the manufaturers instructions would help, but no where do they give you guidance on/or mention sanding sealers.

I would just use thier primer. That is what HOK's tech rep showed me to do.

I'm going to be using their "killer Cans" and that's another problem i'm having, they don't make a primer to go with that line of paint. But what i'm looking for at the moment is a recommendationon on SEALER that would be compatible with urethane paints.

Killer Cans are 2K paints. You can use their primer, just add on coats and then sand with 600 until smooth. If you have a big grain wood, then you need to seal the grain with some epoxy or CA glue. After that just prime and paint. Sanding sealer is just a waste of time, ask me how I know!