Axe Bass

Hi eveyone...some time ago I put a add in the classifieds looking for a axe bass. Irecieved a feww answers and one gave me a idea....(If he can do it maybe I can) ...I'm not a bad artist so I sat down and using many pictures of Gene's axe proceeded to draw gene's axe life size. I bought me a plank of wood of the Internet and drew the axe on said wood. The other day my buddy cut it out for me (i don't have a band saw). It lookks not to bad . Will post pictures as soon as I get them

• 2 weeks later...

go to photobucket, create an account. the upload your pics. they copy the "direct link" among other links. then paste them here. to get the image to show up as a pic instead of a link, click the image next to the smiley and inbetween the one with the + sign on your menue when you post, and paste the link in there.

go to photobucket, create an account. the upload your pics. they copy the "direct link" among other links. then paste them here. to get the image to show up as a pic instead of a link, click the image next to the smiley and inbetween the one with the + sign on your menue when you post, and paste the link in there.

Here is a picture

Here is a picture

Here is a phttp://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk119/pschile/cid_A1C22A7C-A8A5-4A30-8772-E7ADFD2.jpgicture

• 1 month later...

I'll be seeing Gene and Paul (its not really Kiss anymore) in consert next friday in Stockholm. :D Really looking forward to that. I havn't seen them in over 10 years.

Sorry for Hijacking the thread...

Nice, I like the attention to detail in the body carving.

Is the neck not bolted on yet? It could just be my eyes playing tricks on my, but it seems like the neck isn't quite square on the body. I suppose it doesn't matter, if the bridge has somewhere to screw on at the appropriate scale length, whether it's in line with the body is moot, but if you're going to paint it anyway, I'd be tempted to put a block in there and reroute.

Of course, I could just be seeing things.

But yeah, look forward to seeing this painted!