Jump to content

My latest finished project


www
 Share

Recommended Posts

clothtop4.jpgI built this guitar using the idea of fabric as a finish. I found a site that does marbled fabric and liked the looks. The body is mahogany with very rough routing making it hard to cover wih the pickguard which is slightly off centered. I used Minwax polyurethane spray over Minwax polyurethane sanding sealer. The fabric was applied as the tutorial. I purchased it on ebay with bridge and jack for $15.00. The neck is an old Boogie Bodies neck that was laying around their shop. It is maple on rosewood, one piece, 14" radius. Bought pickups and pickguard
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry! I am not trying to tease, but I am technically challenged. If somebody could give directions so I can be unlost I would really appreciate it. Hey, anyway the pics aren't that great anyway so your not missing much. LOL :D Thanks in advance if anyone can show me the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The switch is a series/parallel switch. It allows combinations to have all the pickups working in series or parallel. Similar to the G&L S-500. The cloth came from a quilter. http://www.piecefulquilter.com' target='_blank'>. When putting the finish on (polyurethane) it turned the white on the cloth yellow and with the overspray from the burst it made it green. I will post more pics soon. I am trying to make them smaller for easier down and uploads. Thanks Wes. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...