Cool Aluminum Neck On Ebay

Classy...although given what I've heard about older alum necked guitars, I'm not sure I'd ever want to own one (aluminum moves a lot more with heat than wood does...)

I agree. Our Afri-Can's with Aluminium necks sounded great but could be problematic to keep in tune. Especially when the weather is cold. The neck has to be warmed up first then fine tuning done before playing. If you don't you have tuning issues until the neck is stable with the heat from your hands!

Keith

Classy...although given what I've heard about older alum necked guitars, I'm not sure I'd ever want to own one (aluminum moves a lot more with heat than wood does...)

I agree. Our Afri-Can's with Aluminium necks sounded great but could be problematic to keep in tune. Especially when the weather is cold. The neck has to be warmed up first then fine tuning done before playing. If you don't you have tuning issues until the neck is stable with the heat from your hands!

Keith

Leave it out in the cold and stick your tounge to the neck that would get a laugh. Looks pretty but the aluminum nut is sort of a question mark in my view. I wonder if its clear coated so you dont get aluminum residue on your hands? I am still waiting for all carbon necks, aluminum is so old school LOL.

Leave it out in the cold and stick your tounge to the neck that would get a laugh. Looks pretty but the aluminum nut is sort of a question mark in my view. I wonder if its clear coated so you dont get aluminum residue on your hands? I am still waiting for all carbon necks, aluminum is so old school LOL.

Aluminum oxidizes if left raw.

Anyway, CF necks have been around for at least 15 years now (Moses, anyone?)

Leave it out in the cold and stick your tongue to the neck that would get a laugh. Looks pretty but the aluminum nut is sort of a question mark in my view. I wonder if its clear coated so you don't get aluminum residue on your hands? I am still waiting for all carbon necks, aluminum is so old school LOL.

That is true but carbon fiber technology has changed drastically over the last 3 years as has its molding process. Same goes for aluminum and the ability to hydro-form parts. I have a minor degree in bicycle frame envy. I would not want a 15 year old carbon bike frame given how far technology has come. Just because someone like Parker (who I worked with long before his business venture) made some god awful attempt (my opinion only) at it does not make it retro. Anyway I rather have the bike frame. Also CF is lighter and stronger than aluminum especially low end 6061. I am sure it does not have the movement issues aluminum does either.

I am now going to part the seas and bring my bike frame across the water. Now where did I put my staff, LOL

Leave it out in the cold and stick your tongue to the neck that would get a laugh. Looks pretty but the aluminum nut is sort of a question mark in my view. I wonder if its clear coated so you don't get aluminum residue on your hands? I am still waiting for all carbon necks, aluminum is so old school LOL.

That is true but carbon fiber technology has changed drastically over the last 3 years as has its molding process. Same goes for aluminum and the ability to hydro-form parts. I have a minor degree in bicycle frame envy. I would not want a 15 year old carbon bike frame given how far technology has come. Just because someone like Parker (who I worked with long before his business venture) made some god awful attempt (my opinion only) at it does not make it retro. Anyway I rather have the bike frame. Also CF is lighter and stronger than aluminum especially low end 6061. I am sure it does not have the movement issues aluminum does either.

I am now going to part the seas and bring my bike frame across the water. Now where did I put my staff, LOL

CF has come a long way in the last few years. I'd take an OCLV guitar any day of the week. I work at a Trek bike store and that stuff is crazy. The OCLV Red is simply amazing.

CF has come a long way in the last few years. I'd take an OCLV guitar any day of the week. I work at a Trek bike store and that stuff is crazy. The OCLV Red is simply amazing.

Madrone 5.2 sweet ??? I have a Kestral RT700, all it needs are some frets and strings.

Maybe High modulis CF will make a showing some day soon It's only a matter of time

I'm still not convinced of the need for high modulus CF for a full neck guitar application. Would it sound better? Who knows. Would it be more stable? Probably, but adding a pair of CF rods to a neck makes it stable enough for me, so while it's fun technology, I'd need a good reason to use the stuff.

Madrone 5.2 sweet ??? I have a Kestral RT700, all it needs are some frets and strings.

Maybe High modulis CF will make a showing some day soon It's only a matter of time

Only a 5.2? We sold a 6.9 Pro the other day. Now that is a crazy bike. Excessive for just about anyone.