2 Hb/5 Way Diagram Request

jammy

I'm looking for a diagram for a specific switching arrangement on a 2HB guitar I'm working on, and as no matter how many times I try I NEVER seem to get these things right, I thought I may as well just ask now.. :D

Requested switching is...

1 - Series neck

2 - Parallel neck

3 - Outer humbucker coils

4 - Inner humbucker coils

5 - Series bridge

If anyone can help it'd be much appreciated! I've not ordered the switch yet so I can use any 5 way lever that'll get the job done.

To all you folks who really understand guitar wiring, how did you learn? I've taken an Electronics A level and this custom switching lark totally confuses me. Any recommended reading? :D

1 - Series neck

2 - Parallel neck

3 - Outer humbucker coils

4 - Inner humbucker coils

5 - Series bridge

I've not ordered the switch yet so I can use any 5 way lever that'll get the job done.

that is the same as one of the custom wiring schemes i designed, so if you'll PM me your e-mail address i can send you one of my diagrams. any 24-pole superswitch will work.

Just remember with the 'P' switch that the neck pickup needs to be opposite polarity to the bridge which means either mounting it upside down or yanking the magnet out and putting it in the other way....

actually, you need the magnets to have opposite polarities like that for any two-hubmucker guitar that has any combination of one coil from one pickup and one coil from the other. but if the only combination of both pickups has both running as full humbuckers, like pretty much all Gibsons since the beginning of time, then it doesn't matter.