MY GUITAR IS FINISHED!!!!!!

My Webpage

check em out and let me know what you guys think.

i hope to get some good photos soon, my brother in law is a pro photographer so i will have a real web site up soon.

could it get guitar of the month?

it sounds great!

the neck is tung oiled and then polished with butchers wax. man it is smooth and there is no friction at all!

oh.. i'm first comment ^^

good.. wha kind of meterial your fingerboard?

wenge or indian rosewood or brazilian rosewood?

fret board, pickup rings, truss rod cover are all wenge. the top,and neck are mahogany back is walnut and has maple/blackwalnut/bass wood for bindings. pickups are vintage vibe soapbars in humbucker size(they sound great i highly recommend him) bridge is a gotoh 510, but im having my own designed as we speak. i did 2 volumes instead of a tone cause i never use my tone.

very nice shape, the scarf joint was done very well from what i can see, but one little thing caught my eye, the fretboard looks a bit lower on the high e side, almost like it's slanted to one side, was that on purpose? seems like a neet idea if it was, maybe it makes getting your hand around a bit easier? or maybe i'm still dizzy from playing a couple mins ago :D

ya defintly enter it next month for the GOT !!

the fret board is the same thickness,could be the photo. but that seems like a cool idea derek. snork the body is off set so yeah the bottom bought is larger than the top. rob it sounds great! its got a nice warm tone but its not to "bassy" and it has nice highs. it plays like a prs and it definetly has a "hollow" sound to it but its not to hollow like a 335.

ovation, i used two volumes cause i like to make noises with the switch and this way i can turn one of the pups down and do vibrato effects. the pups are single coils so there is no special wiring. the solid body im doing will have a push pull pot that will tap the coils, but that needs a few more clear coats.

That's a very sharp photo of the shrub behind your guitar :D

Seriously, it looks great. Is that an arched or a flat top? I can't quite tell from the photos. Also, I was wondering what kind of solid blocking it has inside. Full length, or just solid under the bridge like (I believe) the PRS hollow.

-Sven

ha ha yeah i need to take some better pics! the body back was hollowed out completely except at the bridge and the neck . and yeah its a carved top that was hard to carve out i had to do both outside and the inside and i kept the hole thing 1/4 thick except at the bride were it stayed tight to the body back. ive recently changed my way of building them so my next one will be even better!

hey canuk yeah it is. i decided to strip off the varnish and go with laquer, it set me back alot of time but i love the finished product! ive been playing it all day! now im never gonna get work done! funkle ive just made templates for everything! you can never have to many! as far as carving the inside im gonna use a new angle grider i just bought instead of doing it by hand! its still not as good as a cnc mill would be but i dont have money or the room for one of them! i will keep thinking of new ways to improve on making these though. ive learned soooooo much just from this first one. ive designed and built a tool that you can route the binding channel on a guitar by using a regular router that floats above the body, this is very handy for carved tops! and you can change the depth of the binding channel also. ive also designed a new tennon for my necks on the hollow bodies so that they are really strong and go into the body 1" past the neck pickup. the next hollow body that im currently working on is a mahogany back with bubingawith cannary racing stripes top/ and a canary laminate neck. its looking sweet!