Protecting An Autograph

Hey there. I have a BRAND NEW Epiphone Zakk Wylde Bullseye Les Paul, and it was signed and dated by Zakk. I think it looks like a silver paint marker to me. I really want to play this guitar out at a gig, but the autograph is directly where my arm rests. How can I protect this signature without going nuts about it? Polyurethane? or Lacquer? The guitar has only been out of it's case a couple of times, and I really don't want to sand up the finish and all that crap. I just want to protect where the sig is. Anybody got any tips? I have a gig in three weeks, and the drummer says he won't play it unless I play that guitar on at least one song, so I don't have much time, heh... Thanks in advance-

Peace

thats really easy, actually.

cut some saran wrap to shape and VERY CAREFULLY lay it COMPLETELY FLUSH over the autograph. so its invisible

then buy one of those plastic screen protectors, cut it larger then the saran wrap, and stick it over the autograph.

those things leave no residue, and are almost invisible. no one will notice without close inspection, and it will work fine until you can find a more permanent solution.