Fs Very Light Weight Swamp Ash

Jim Soloway

I have aver 600 board feet of high grade, light weight swamp ash boards. I don't need that much and I don't have nearly enough space for all of it, so I'm planning to sell about 300-400 feet and keep the rest. Here are three board that I just grabbed from the front of the stack. They're pretty typical of the entire load. I can sell them individually, as a batch, or if you're interested in more, feel free to contact me and we can discuss what I have.

The price for these three is $45 plus $30 shipping in the US for each.

BOARD #15:

Dimensions: 73.5"L x 7.3"W x 2"H

Weight: 17lbs 6oz

Weight Per Board Foot: 2.28 lbs

BOARD #18: SOLD

Dimensions: 72"L x 7"W x 2"H

Weight: 15lbs 12oz

Weight Per Board Foot: 2.14 lbs

BOARD #19: SOLD

Weight: 16lbs 6.6oz

Weight Per Board Foot: 2.29 lbs

B15-B18-B19-Labels.jpg

B15-B18-B19-Boards.jpg

Edited by Jim Soloway

If you have a couple with interesting grain similar to B18 and B19 in your pics, I'd be interested in two boards... could cut them in half to make shipping easier.

Hi Rick

I'll grab a bunch more boards this afternoon and try to get photos by tonight. That way you can have a decent selection to pick from.

And cutting them may make it a it easier, but I'd rather let people make their own decisions as to where to cut to get the best matches. The tough part with wood is packing it. I have to start by essentially making a box to fit the board.

Great. I'll give you a call tomorrow after I've arranged a ride with a truck. Don't let all those boards go before I get me some. :D

Don't worry. There's LOTS of them. What part of town are you in? If you're close to me, I'll give you a ride in my truck.

BTW, I just brought home about 6 more boards. I'll try to get them photographed and posted tonight.

Here are 6 more boards (in batches of 3).

BOARD #12 ($45 + shipping)

Dimensions: 62"L x 8.75"W x 2"H

Weight: 19lbs 15.2oz

Weight Per Board Foot: 2.54 lbs

BOARD #23 ($45 + shipping) SOLD

Weight: 15lbs 1oz

Weight Per Board Foot: 2.14 lbs

BOARD #14 ($60 + shipping) ON HOLD FOR RICK

Dimensions: 73"L x 9.5"W x 2"H

Weight: 19lbs 4.4oz

Weight Per Board Foot: 1.97 lbs

B12-B23-B14Boards.jpg

B12-B23-B14Labels.jpg

BOARD #26 ($50 + shipping) SOLD

Dimensions: 73"L x 8"W x 2"H

Weight: 18lbs 6.84oz

Weight Per Board Foot: 2.22 lbs

BOARD #17 ($45 + shipping)

Dimensions: 60.13"L x 8.3"W x 2"H

Weight: 14lbs 4oz

Weight Per Board Foot: 2.02 lbs

BOARD #25 ($50 + shipping)

Dimensions: 74"L x 8"W x 2"H

Weight: 20lbs 15.4oz

Weight Per Board Foot: 2.43 lbs

B26-B17-B25Boards.jpg

B26-B17-B25Labels.jpg

Edited by Jim Soloway

Going to have to cut down my request to one board... but I have my eye on #14 there. Somewhere around $30 shipping as with the first ones?

Thanks,

Rick

Yes, $30 would work for FedEx Ground. You can call me with a credit card or just PayPal to deborah@solowayguitars.com

Great, consider it sold... I'll hit PayPal tomorrow (Thurs.) and will send you a note when it's done.

By the way, do you know the approximate moisture content of these boards?

Thanks!

Jim....you're the MAN! I've been looking for awhile for some swamp ash that is quartersawn well enough for acoustic sides. The right side of B15 just about fits that bill...

Do you have any in your stash that are more well-quartered than B15? I'd need as much vertical grain across 5-1/2" as you can manage.

Let me know, and then I'll pick one for sides (8-1/2" wide or wider) and pull the trigger. :D

Going to have to cut down my request to one board... but I have my eye on #14 there. Somewhere around $30 shipping as with the first ones?

Thanks,

Rick

Yes, $30 would work for FedEx Ground. You can call me with a credit card or just PayPal to deborah@solowayguitars.com

Great, consider it sold... I'll hit PayPal tomorrow (Thurs.) and will send you a note when it's done.

By the way, do you know the approximate moisture content of these boards?

Thanks!

I haven't put a meter on them, but it's the third load I've bought from the same supplier. They're sold to me as dry and they have always been as promised.

And for people who want less than a full board, just wait a few days. I have some shorter boards that will work just fine for a single blank. Remember, I'm going to sell off 300 to 400 board feet. That's a LOT of boards and they come in all lengths from 48 to 82". I'll just keep posting more as these sell off, so just keep watching for what you want.

Jim,

I'm heading to PayPal right now. You should get a notification in a couple minutes.

Thanks again!

Rick, your board shipped by FedEx ground this afternoon.

There's only one board left from this load and I'm leaving for a couple days tomorrow (for the Seattle Guitar Show on Sunday if anyone is interested). So I'm basically done for the weekend. I'll post another load early next week. Thanks for the support.

Edited by Jim Soloway

Guys, if you will allow a bit of spam, this wood is great stuff at a wonderful price. I drove up yesterday and picked off B12, B17 and B25. Really nice grain and amazingly light. Thank you Jim. BTW Jim, the drive home was 3 hours and 20 minutes - the 205 was literally stopped over an hour to go about 3 miles. :D Other than that, the trip was well worth it - thanks.

Marty

• 3 weeks later...