Fernandez sustain unit

the sustainer goes for 200 on musicians friend. and dont install it on a gay squier. I was interested in them too. but i dont want to shell out 200 smackers for it yet. kinda sp00t lyke. they send a installation video with it i think. probably not that hard. The wirings probably simple. I know its like a single coil. probably just drill a hole and cut out the shape with a jigsaw then route a hole to whereever you want the switch then mount the switch and Wire. close it up and your done. tah dah.

I own a Fernandes Revolver Pro which has the sustainer system installed. It is fabulous - I love it. Only problem is that it guzzles batteries.

See: http://www.fernandesguitars.com/accessorie...es/fsk_401.html

I also have an EBow Plus which I can use on my other guitars - there are subtle differences between the two systems.

the thing about squier (affinity) strats in particular is that they are generally aimed at the younger player(hence the low price and poor quality)..i've had mine for about 4 years and the neck is so tiny its great..i've never felt a better neck..apart from on gwynetth paltrow..but thats a different story

Yep, me too...I find it totally gay when somebody does something like that :D

Nah really, you're right, but it has evolved like that by common use and I don't think this linguistic evolution can be undone easily...it's the same process in German, too btw. Oh and some pretty good friends of mine are gay and they don't take offense (I remember incidents that involve me yelling "you damn fag" after losing a close match of darts and so on ;-) )but of course there are others who could take offense, so it is a good point to make the individual a little more aware although as I stated above, the general misuse of the word wil not probably stop.

so long

ace

what exactly makes a squier strat gay? B)

This is a very good point. Using the word "gay" as an adjective for something that is crap, bad, undesireable, etc, is in very bad taste. I am not gay myself, but I find this usage very offensive.

Get over it!

He`s making a joke about a guitar(guitar forum :D ),you`re making a reply about political correctness.

Everyone can`t think the same.Why are people so easily offended?

actually i was slightly put off(not offended) by the implication that the squier should be discarded and replaced.after all we are here to help people mod existing guitars and build new ones,not downgrade someones pride and joy just because we don't like the brand name.alot of people are quite happy with their squier strats.

my intention was to gently show the new guy the error of his ways and help him understand that "different strokes" aren't bad,just different. :D

he is obviously young and has alot to learn.

He`s making a joke about a guitar(guitar forum ;) ),you`re making a reply about political correctness.

Everyone can`t think the same.Why are people so easily offended?

It's nothing to do with "political correctness". It's more to do with having good manners and respect for other people.

This is a GUITAR forum. I can't see that there is ever any need to bring sexual orientation into the discussion.

To call a Squier Strat "gay", we can assume that in his view one would have to be "gay" to play such an instrument. This is bullshit.

Oh, and gay people play guitars too.

Thanks Goat.

I'll also apologise for going on and taking this way off topic.

Back to sustainers, I've always been a fan of sustainers and have used EBow and the Fernandes sustainer.

Years ago I customised an old Vox guitar into a fretless (replaced the fingerboard with a nice slab of ebony) and I used this as my main EBow guitar. I now see that you can get fretless versions of several Fernandes guitars - see: http://www.fretlessguitar.com/ - some of these have various fingerboard options including aluminum and glass.

The Sustainiac (which I have never tried) offers differents models - some of which are similar to the Fernandes in a pickup-style unit in the body of the guitar - and others which you clamp to the headstock.