Building A Guitar

the 25" scale wont be a "problem"

i dont know about a graphic finish for your first paintjob. that takes a ton of work, masking, and a TON of clear and sanding.

My cousin is an art major in UCSD, I will ask her to draw everything.

Any reply about the floyd?

Same here as in - I am asking the same question?

or

Same here as in - Draw it out yourself?

Either way, I drew it, and did some research online and on the JCF forum, and I discovered that when there is a recessed floyd, there is no need for a neck angle.

What I did next is to load a picture of the guitar in photoshop, measure out the distance between the 5th and 6th fret and use that info, along with the StewMac fret calculator to tell me how much I need to increase the picture by, and I did.

I then used some pencil effect (my mom is a photoshop expert, she did the effect, so I can't really claim much credit.), so now, I have a scale drawing of my guitar. I will go to Kinkos next week and get it printed.

My plan is to order the neckthrough neck from Carvin without any inlays, extra jumbo frets and locking nut preparation after I get my plan and get two really big pieces of mahogany, cut the wings, drill a hole for the electrical wires coming from the pickups glue the wings, sand, rout, sand finish.

The only thing I don't know yet.

HOW SHOULD I FINISH IT?

I wanted a graphic, but I realized it won't make my guitar "neutral"

I have this problem that if I will paint the guitar in blue (a non passionate, calm color), I wont be able to play passionate stuff properly, but if I will paint it red (a passionate color) I wont be able to play calm stuff.

I know it doesn't make sense, but its a psychological thing for me.

I was thinking of a vortex, like the james bond one:

007.jpg

but without the "007" in the center, and in very strong blacks/white (not gray like in the pic)

I am still open for suggestions though.

Thank you.

Alon

So a few things.

1. Does anything from my last post seem wrong?

2. The vortex idea is not set yet, so if anyone has a suggestion for the finish, speak up.

3. Which pickups should I use? I was thinking of an X2N in the bridge, but I don't know...

I am looking for a tight, not so warm, not so bright tone. I am pretty much looking for the "perfect center".

I am also going to add some keywords for future searches of other people

King v

Kingv

flying v

flyingv

jackson v

jacksonv

KV

KV1

KV2

KV3

KV pro