Removal Of Stripped Pickup Screw

which screw? the ones on the pickups themselves on the bobbins? or the ones that adjust the hight? if its the ones that adjust the hight, just take out the pickup, push down on the ring so the tenison from the spring is gone, and then you can just unscrew it with your fingers.

Drill it with a metal cutting drill bit. Just take your time and go slow.

That is, IMO, a very bad remedy for this problem:

I managed to strip the head of one of my pickup screws. Any suggestions on how to get it out?

The guy have stripped the head of the screw, not broken the screw with a piece left in the thread.

If the pickup is in a ring;

Remove strings. Remove the ring. Compress the spring so that the head sticks out from the ring. Use pliers to turn the screw until it is removed completely. Get a new screw.

If the pickup is in a pickguard

Remove strings. Remove the pickguard. Compress the spring so that the head sticks out above the pickguard. Use pliers to turn the screw until it is removed completely. Get a new screw.

For the future;

Use suitable screwdrivers and use a decent amounth of downward pressure to avoid striping the screw head

First off (but you've probably tried it). Get a suitable screwdriver, lay the guitar on a flat clean surface. Put a lot of downward pressure on the screw driver and try turning very slowly, don't slip though or you'll embed the screwdriver in the axe. Sounds simple, but usually works. Or what Swedish Luthier said. Alternatively you can cut a slot in it with a dremel and use a normal screwdriver

Here's a method I've used many times on all different kinds of stripped screw heads.

Dremel tool and Vise-Grips. Use either a cutoff wheel or a sanding drum, and create two flat sides on the screw head, almost parallel with the shank of the screw. Then clamp on the Vise-Grips and twist it out. Go get new pickup screws.

Drill it with a metal cutting drill bit. Just take your time and go slow.

That is, IMO, a very bad remedy for this problem:

I managed to strip the head of one of my pickup screws. Any suggestions on how to get it out?

Why is that?

Drill the head, remove the pickup, ring everything, then, with some pliers, grab the screw and twist out. I've done it before (not for pickup screws) and it works just fine.