Warmest Neck Wood For Oil Finish

For Mahogany, do most of you guys (a/o gals) just oil the necks, or is there some tried-&-tried way to pore fill and then oil for a super slick/fast neck? I am fine with just oiling it (or Waterlox or whatever). Just garnering opinions.

A lot of people here are using a product called Tru-Oil. It is made by the Birchwood Casey company and is intended to be a gun stock oil. From what I have read a common practice is to apply several coats of the oil with the appropriate drying time between coats. Then you wet sand, using the truoil as your lubricant. The resulting "slurry" is forced into the pores of the wood. Wipe away the excess and allow to dry. Apply several more coats of the truoil, polish and you're good to go.

Yep, that's certainly an option. Or you can just finish without pore filling. I've done both, and for my own guitars, particularly guitars with seperate necks (acoustics), I don't bother pore filling. It doesn't make the necks feel in any way 'rough'.