Adding Inlay To A Finished Neck/fretboard

Dana

I've been searching around for some options... i want to replace the cheapo fret dots on my strats rosewood fretboard with some wood inlay. Nothing super fancy but something stylized. I dont however want to go and refret the board. I'm wondering if the difficultly would be too high for a first attempt at inlay with an already finished neck.

suggestions? examples?

Thanks,

-Dana

A git of a job and a chance of real disaster if you've never done any inlaying.

Suggestion: Get some scrap and have a few attempts at trying to inlay what you want to do.

As a rule inlaying into a built neck will almost always call for the frets to be pulled out so something else to consider if you've never done that before either.

A git of a job and a chance of real disaster if you've never done any inlaying.

Suggestion: Get some scrap and have a few attempts at trying to inlay what you want to do.

As a rule inlaying into a built neck will almost always call for the frets to be pulled out so something else to consider if you've never done that before either.

Ah, ok understood. I will hold off till i build a neck from scratch. Thanks for the advice