Sovtek Mig 50 Midget

thrashncrust

Does anyone happen to have a schematic or is anyone able to draw up a schematic (I found the original schem. online) for the mod to be able to use both inputs at the same time? I guess when using an a/b box to switch low to high, it doesn't work because one of the inputs are canceled out when both are plugged in. Thanks in advance!

I can see why there is a mod for making both work. The low input bypasses a tube stage on the high input which is not a typical setup for high/low inputs.

a jumper so the 1st gain stage isn't disengaged when a lead is plugged in the low input ie jump the switch.

If someone who calls them themselves an amp tech cant do it with the unmodded schem I'd steer well clear of them, in fact if they need a schem at all for such a simple mod, personally I'd find someone else.........

i wonder why its wired this way?..........maybe so if two guitars are used with the one amp the levels are much closer?

I trust the person who is doing it because they service pretty much every amp that is at the local guitar store which includes a wide variety of really really high end tube amps. The guy who runs the store said that it would make things easier if I had the mod for the schematic ready for the guy. I mean, I didn't even get to explain the mod to the guy who works at the store, he might've though I was talking about something that wasn't simple. Thanks for your help everyone!

oh ok, I'd deal with the tech directly, the store will add a surcharge for their "troubles" and instructions can get skewed in the game of Chinese whispers that is outsourced repairs, not to mention the extra time it will take..........

it about the same as a jcm 800 but for the life of me why would you want to take a high gain inverted signal and then at the second stage add a non inverted straight signal to it.??? i have tried this and never liked the results myself just wondering.