* Mighty Mite maple neck with ebony fretboard

* Gold Original Floyd Rose tremolo

* Brass Big Block upgrade

* Gold Schaller style tuners

* Gold Custom Logo Neckplate

* Seymour Duncan '59 Trembucker

* 500k volume pot

* Solid brass EvH style eyelet hooks

Pictures really don't do this guitar justice.

The guitar looks even better in person.

And the tone of this one piece Padauk is incredible!

PadaukEllsworth.jpg

Note the Linn Ellsworth style tummycut ... it's extremely comfortable.

EllsworthCut.jpg

EllsworthCut1.jpg

Headstock.jpg

FullLegnth.jpg

So sweet!

I'm currently building a padauk topped sapelle back cherry neck through guitar and i hope the padauk will turn out at least half as good as that!!

What kind of finish did you use.

That's GOTM material right there.

Thanks!

I did alot of sanding and used several coats of tru-oil sanding with 0000 steel wool between coats.

Then rubbed it down with bees wax.

Wow, I dig it! What's so special about that tummy cut? Other than the fact that it's absurdly large? Not a criticism, just wondering what the tummy cut had to do to get referred to by a proper name :D

I like the overall EVH feel. And I love the look of uncovered trem cavities. Almost as good as no cavity at all! Oh did I just say that.....? :D

Was the body a found item, or a refinish? It looks pretty beat up in the "before" pics.

I'd have liked to see a matching headstock, but that's just me. I know you can't do much with a Mighty Mite neck.

And beeswax, you say? How did you apply it? I'm doing a build right now with tru-oil, and wondered what one would do to do the final buffing/finishing. And that's all 0000 steel wool? No sandpaper during the finishing? It looks snazzy!

One great build here.

Wow, I dig it! What's so special about that tummy cut? Other than the fact that it's absurdly large? Not a criticism, just wondering what the tummy cut had to do to get referred to by a proper name :D

The tummy cut was done to help replicate the bodys that Linn Ellsworth cut for EvH early on.

It can be seen cut in the guitar at the bottom of the pic and on the Black and yellow guitar.

Ed-Pick1980-4.jpg

It may look "absurd", but the cut adds comfort and brings the guitar closer in to your body.

I like the overall EVH feel. And I love the look of uncovered trem cavities. Almost as good as no cavity at all! Oh did I just say that.....? :D

Was the body a found item, or a refinish? It looks pretty beat up in the "before" pics.

The body was purchased from a friend ... I just finished it up and completed the build.

I'd have liked to see a matching headstock, but that's just me. I know you can't do much with a Mighty Mite neck.

I hear what you're say'n, but the Mighty Mite neck is actually pretty nice.

And beeswax, you say? How did you apply it? I'm doing a build right now with tru-oil, and wondered what one would do to do the final buffing/finishing. And that's all 0000 steel wool? No sandpaper during the finishing? It looks snazzy!

One great build here.

Thanks,

I initially had to steam out dents and do alot of sanding, but yeah ... several coats of tru-oil using 0000 super fine steel wool between coats. Then I went over the whole body with bees wax. It helped condition the wood and really made the color "pop".

Edited by DGW

is the 'tree'/bar really nescessary when the strings are in a locking nut?

i would assume that they wouldnt, but technically never thought about it before

The string retainer is necessary with a locking nut on a non-angled headstock. It pulls the strings down to a proper angle across the nut, otherwise they wouldn't make good contact and you would pull them out of tune when you installed the locks.

Beautiful. :D. Paduak looks awesome. You said you used tru-oil and 0000 steel wool, now did the oil that you used have UV inhibitors in it because the wood will fade to a brownish color. If the oil did have the UV blocking stuff, what brand was it and where did you get it? I am considering getting a paduak body with some sort of maple top and I want to keep that beautiful red hue of the original wood. Again, that guitar is stunning!

Edited by riffster