Guitar of the Month

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner of course will have hi/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded to a Featured member which allows you to see the Advanced Chat section and download area.

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till midnite EST the 23rd of December then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Maybe my Iceman/Les Paul 5 string bass.mahogany back, bubinga top, purpleheart, maple and mahogany 5 pc neck...set thru of course. Pics in a day or so.

I would like to officially enter this bad boy. :D

flameguitar.jpg

WAY More Pictures

Here are the specs:

Birds-eye Maple neck

Scarf-jointed headstock

Compound radius Ebony fingerboard

1/4" pearl dot inlays

Jumbo frets

Scalloped upper 4 frets

Ping tuners

Scarfed neck joint

One-piece Honduras Mahogany body

What I consider a AAAAA-Flamed Maple cap

1/4" round over - 1/2" round over in waist area for comfort

Dimarzio humbuckers - Tone Zone-Bridge/Air Norton-Neck

Wilkinson Licensed stop tailpiece/bridge with adjustable A/D G/B saddles[chrome]

Master volume and tone

Speed knobs

3-way toggle switch

Recessed rear control plate

Black hardware

Hand rubbed oil finish

that, my friend lex, is gorgeous. you have my vote until something better comes along...

*next entry please...*

Are we allowed to enter more than one instrument? The woman I sold a wicked fretless bass to is interested in another one and she's bringing it by on the weekend so I can get measurements and stuff, but I'll also finaly get some digital pics of it.

Entry post for Ben Muchler

Body made from 1 piece houndoran mahogany

Pickups are from a 1957 Les Paul

bodyangle.jpg

"momentary switch" for stacatto signal breaks

the guitarists "rock moniker" of [a] was inlaid with ebony on the neck

neck.jpg

Pearloid "thinline" pickguard and matching pearloid binding

Stainless steel frets

binding.jpg

That Mahogony Tele is drop-dead gorgeous Ben, I LOVE it.

As much as I HATE relic'ing and relic'ers (just my personal opinion folks)

...I think that Tele would look sooooo cool with some old, aged-looking, ambered-out lacquer-worn neck on it.

The body has a very very comfortable 'pick me up and strum me' quality to it, I am VERY drawn to it like that, ...but the neck has a very 'new' look to it. I wish it had a more natural ambered look.

It's kind of like the body is of an aged, older mature man, and the neck is more of a boy/teenager.

Doesn't that sound completely retarded? :D

Beautiful guitar man, the natural binding kicks MAXIMUM ASS, and you did a completely awesome job of showing people the natural, absolutely Raging beauty of Mahogony. The pickguard is really elegantly done for a Tele, and compliments the natural binding perfectly.

God I bet that thing ROCKS! I'd love to hear it.

Very very sweeeet!

just want to comment about entering two instruments - though Brian says you can do this, the way i figure it, your best bet would probably be to enter only one. Two instruments, especially if they end up somewhat "equal" in the voting, would spread out the voting a lot and could make them both lose. I would probably pick the one I liked the most and thought the members would like, and keep the other one for another month. I don't think any of us will run out of months anytime soon...

okay, sorry lex, but that tele does have my vote now...

*next entry please*

just want to comment about entering two instruments - though Brian says you can do this, the way i figure it, your best bet would probably be to enter only one. Two instruments, especially if they end up somewhat "equal" in the voting, would spread out the voting a lot and could make them both lose. I would probably pick the one I liked the most and thought the members would like, and keep the other one for another month. I don't think any of us will run out of months anytime soon...

Yeah, I'll post pics of the bass so ya guys can see it, but I'll enter it next month.

More questions: If someone's instrument wins Guitar of The Month, are they allowed to enter that guit again? If someone's guit DOESN'T win can they enter it again?

Here is my entry, I have taken new photos so these ones are a little better.

My Webpage

spec: walnut back(hollow1/4" everywhere except neck and straplock areas)

carved moahogany top with f-holes( carve is 1/4" thick)

three layer bindings are black walnut/maple/basswood

mahogany neck with wenge fretboard.

vintage vibe soapba/humbuckersized pickups with wenge trims

gotoh510 bridge

grover tuners

lots of blood sweat and tears oh and money!