Smaller Body Size With Standard Neck

I've only built cigar box guitars and mountain banjos so forgive me if I speak incorrectly. I'm just starting on the plans to build solid body electrics.

I have a beautiful tiger maple board that is 1-3/4" thick, 11-1/8" wide and 45" + in length. With regard to width for a solid body with a standard neck, what are the common sense aspects of the body that I need to think about? Is a body in a 10-11" width with standard neck acceptable? If anyone can recommend measurements it is wise to stay within or point me to links of similar designs, I'd appreciate it. I imagine the neck as having a peghead. Most of what I've been able to search online has referenced a headless design. I don't really want to go that route, though I like the compactness of the idea. Or should I look for a piece of wood to glue in the middle and use the maple as wings?

FWIW, as far as I know, a Tele is just 12" wide, so I can't see the problem with a body an inch or so less than that.

Dunno the dimensions of the Bo Diddley Gretsch, but it looked a lot narrower than a Tele to me.

Denis