Tru-oil Over Headstock Logo?

Hi, I'm just finishing my first build, which i plan to finish using tru-oil. After much testing, I decided to use the transparency idea off the main site for the headstock logo. I just have a few questions though:

Will the tru-oil ever harden over the transparency? From my tests, it didn't seem too..

Can the tru-oil build up significant thickness to get rid of the line around the logo?

If I missed something while searching, feel free to direct me.

Thank you in advance!

:D

• 2 months later...

I have a question on this same sort of topic. In the tutorial is says to use modge podge to coat the gold ink because lacquer will cause problems. What about tru-oil? Do I still have to modge podge the decal or will it be okay without it? Thanks.

Will the tru-oil ever harden over the transparency? From my tests, it didn't seem too..

Can the tru-oil build up significant thickness to get rid of the line around the logo?

Not sure about the material you printed your logo on, but I have used Tru Oil over vinyl decals, which are also pretty thick, with good results. However, it takes a LOT of coats to eventually build up so that the edges aren't apparent. First few coats were thin with no sanding, then a minimum of 4-5 heavy coats with light (~800 grit if I recall) sanding in between.

Bert