Pinstripe paint?

goat

I use One-Shot lettering enamel for pin stripes, but you can't clear over it without messing around with it...House of Kolor makes a striping paint but you can only clearcoat it with poly. The 1shot is made to gloss off and wears well without a clearcoat...that's very intricate outlines though...maybe use a paintpen? Art/graphics shops carry paintpens...I used 'em to pinstripe my flamed case, don't know if you can find a super fine tip or if clearcoatable...

...that's very intricate outlines though...maybe use a paintpen? Art/graphics shops carry paintpens...I used 'em to pinstripe my flamed case, don't know if you can find a super fine tip or if clearcoatable...

I thought of the pens but not sure either.

I paint oils with brushes and feel I have the hand for it.Paintings

What about that automotve pinstriping that you can curve while you lay it out?

Do you think that could work?

Awesome art Goat. I'd probably use an airbrush with a very small tip and just freehand outline. Auto pinstripe tape would look bogus and you'll need a ton of clear to bury it.

Thanks

I started painting last September.I enjoy it.

mmmmmm????? airbrush? I`ll look into that.I don`t have one and I heard it takes some practice.

Can I fine line over clearcoat???

Airbrush usually works with lacquers as it's real thin, so as long as you're working on a lacquer base or clear, yes. Lots of pro artists have switched to waterbased paints, safer and still clearcoatable. I think you'll have a ton of fun with an airbrush being an artist. You can dial in a real fine line for detail work...lots of books on the techniques. I use mine mostly for touch up work and shadows, and recently flames. Good luck.