what a piece of wood

Snork

man, that is nice wood... diito on the just clear, why ruin it? it's tits man, really

your probably right. what i was planning on doing. is buyin 2 sets of that wood. (same tree... lucky me) and carving the uglier one for the back. very few guitars have carved backs. I think it could take guitar of the month. with a piece of wood that nice.... im almost afraid to put a custom monkey grip in there.

.... uh oh now im scared. should i???? because i was really thinkin bout' it for my project. but now im scared!

buy it and store it,build a few guitars out of alder or basswood until you feel comfortable,then use it when you are ready.you will make mistakes on your first guitar,how big depends on you

:D awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww but with tung oil you can't screw up!! If you screw up on THAT wil a cc, it would suck!

if you screw up a clearcoat,you just sand it off and retry(the clearcoat that is)

with tung oil you slowly watch your wood become more and more dented and scratched over the years.seriously,redwood is SOFT,according to everyone that has used it.i would even use draks superglue basecoat to stiffen it up before clearing

don't get me wrong i love tung oil,but everytime i hit my v on something it leaves big scratches.meanwhile my polyuerethane coated sabre is 10 years old and scratch free(except for belt rash,which will buff out)

he he he he well... it seems i like that wood to and i think(if i win the bid) i will let it dry for at least 1.5 years then i will resaw it to 11/16 an use it for tops! it would look great with mahogany and a nice ebony binding. may the richest man win! just kidding it is a really nice peice of wood though, i wouldnt put a monkey grip in it though, there for monkeys! make a nice carved top to show the beutty of the wood and definetly clear it! it is a soft wood ive worked with it before!