Extractor Fans For Paint Booths

Can any one recommend a extractor fan? I read (I think it was on here) you have to use a specific type (like closed motor or something) so that its safe to use with flamable fumes such as from paint?

Me and my dad are setting up a paint booth so I thought I better ask here incase I got a crappy one or something by mistake.

Cheers

What your looking for is an isolated motor so that there is no chance of explosive fumes being drawn over an ignition source and as a secondary issue, the fans should not generate Static. (I can never remember if that means plastic blades are to be avoided - please check 1st)

If the booth is going to get constant use, you should be looking at commercially available equipment. If it will only see occassional use, there are some hobby/craft paint booths available that may be what your after. Remember that light fittings, switches and electrical sockets are also possible sources of ignition.

I did some spraying without the proper fans and I guess I could have killed myself... :D

When I realized that I needed an explosion proof fan, I looked around on the net and this was the best deal I could find:http://cgi.ebay.ca/6-Hazardous-Location-Direct-Drive-Propeller-Ring-Fan_W0QQitemZ190159601499QQihZ009QQcategoryZ53297QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZVi

wItem