Sick Led Mod

komodo

KPcrash I found it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZl8sYqJZgg...758&index=7

Obviously it's not the most pretty piece of luthiery (i'd love to see the flatness of the screwed down perspex fret board after he tightens the trussrod!) but I think you could do some fun stuff with the concept!

Not sure if this constitutes a thread hijack....

Wow...some neat ideas there...check out the finished production with Laser effects and the kid brother playing a light up fluing V to match...

put a smile on my face! :D

Gee, there are so many things thrown into this guitar, sliding pickups, illuminated edges (I noticed he said he got noise from glow strips (which use AC) so went with LED power thru perspex...and an acrylic fret board...that takes some guts to even contemplate, let alone build the thing!

He will have to watch it with the light show though, too many bright lights may well reshape the guitars from the heat ( a major problem with the old aluminium necked kramers and the perspex dan armsrongs (also featuring sliding pickups).

One of the real treats were some of the homemade tools and the clear illustration though...the little dremmel router and the fret bender are pretty well done...someone has a neater workshop than I have ever had access too (maybe because I am a bit of a bachelor slob these days B) )

These guitars may not last too well, but they certainly give an impression while they do! I don't know...kids today...they are all flash.... :D

pete

Oh...are the pickups active? Maybe that helps, otherwise, the battery would be connected to ground and it is this ground switching that activates the lights...

Edited by psw