Wiring For Odd Pickup Configuration.

-martin-

Hi!

Im am currently planning on buildning an hollowbody guitar, and would like to use a lipstick or a humbucker in neck position together with a piezo on the bridge. But i can't figure out how to wire it :D

Does anybody done this before? or is it even impossible?

Take care!

//Martin

*UPDATE*

Fund this tune-o-matic piezo think im gonna go for thet and a humbucker B) still don't know how to wire it together though :D

Edited by -martin-

To use a Piezo and standard magnetic pickups together you will need a pre-amp. Stew Mac does the LR Baggs pre-amp to go with that bridge so that'd be a good bet to start with. The manual for that is on the LR Baggs site its writen out for installing on a strat but it'd be simple enough to work it out for a differant layout (I can help if you're not an electronics guy).

To use a Piezo and standard magnetic pickups together you will need a pre-amp. Stew Mac does the LR Baggs pre-amp to go with that bridge so that'd be a good bet to start with. The manual for that is on the LR Baggs site its writen out for installing on a strat but it'd be simple enough to work it out for a differant layout (I can help if you're not an electronics guy).

Ah thank you very much :D

My Parker Mojo Nitefly has a piezo on the bridge and a humbucker at the bridge & neck (standard feature on the Parker Fly & Nitefly). You can use the pickups together in any combination to get some nice sounds. I think you'll like it when it's done. :D