Hollowbody Sketch

I'm wondering where a chambered guitar ends and a semi-hollow begins.

To me, a semi is built more along the lines of an acoustic or an archtop, that is, the sides are bent, and the top and back are glued onto that. Which is part of what gives the guitar its sound.

On the other hand, a lot of Rickenbackers seem to be built like this, where the two halves are just hollowed out blanks. So are they still considered semis?

I'd have to say a on a chambered the holes in the body have no air exposure (f holes)

Semi hollow could mean the guitar is built with either bent sides or like the one in this thread, provided the airspace inside is exposed to air.

But that's just me :D

Swedish Luthier - I have a load of strat style pole pieces sitting upstairs which I don't think I'll use (well not all 120+ anyway), For the life of me I can't remember what magnet they are but I'm trying to find out. Fancy a trade of some description?

Why not. Do you have anything specific in mind? Need pickups in the near future?

For any one interested:

http://www.peternaglitschluthier.com/eng_pickuper.htm

I'll add better descriptions in the near future.. and sound clips... and pictures, but its a start.

If promoting myself this way in a thread like this; moderators: please remove post and PM me. I will not be a bad boy again...

Hey your design looks great. This is pretty much my next project which im in the process of starting (gathering timber etc.) Im interested though in the block under the bridge? Is the top suppose to vibrate slightly like in an acoustic? And would the block just stop this completely?