Need Help With A Wiring

AcousticSmash

Alright, I have not posted in here in a dogs age but here is my story.

I am beefing up my Ibanez RT650 with a DiMarzio Super Distortion in the neck and a Seymour Duncan SH-5 in the bridge, however I am rewiring the guitar with a 3 way switch since the original one was shot, but the switch is a Fender Telecaster style one, not a Gibson and the tone knob is a push pull for coil splitting. I have searched all over the internet and the only diagrams that come close are ones with volume pots as the coil split instead of the tone knobs. Can anyone help me out here? I can wire it no problem so long as I have a proper schematic to do it, cause I am not shelling out 50 bucks to get it wired for me since this is also a learning experience for me.

Alright, I have not posted in here in a dogs age but here is my story.

I am beefing up my Ibanez RT650 with a DiMarzio Super Distortion in the neck and a Seymour Duncan SH-5 in the bridge, however I am rewiring the guitar with a 3 way switch since the original one was shot, but the switch is a Fender Telecaster style one, not a Gibson and the tone knob is a push pull for coil splitting. I have searched all over the internet and the only diagrams that come close are ones with volume pots as the coil split instead of the tone knobs. Can anyone help me out here? I can wire it no problem so long as I have a proper schematic to do it, cause I am not shelling out 50 bucks to get it wired for me since this is also a learning experience for me.

I don't see that it makes any difference which pot, vol or tone, is used for the switching. Electrically, the switch part is quite separate. You'd just wire it the same way, no matter which pot it's mechanically part of.

I don't see that it makes any difference which pot, vol or tone, is used for the switching. Electrically, the switch part is quite separate. You'd just wire it the same way, no matter which pot it's mechanically part of.

Bluesy is right, the six pole switch bit on the bottom of the switch pot is completely separate from the pot itself so you can wire it anyway you choose.

It seems a little odd to replace a toggle with a blade switch...but if you prefer this and can somehow get it to fit...more power to you!

Post a similar diagram if you would like some more pointers...

pete