Replacing EMG HZ with 707s

sjaguar13

are you refering to the 707hz models? if so i'm pretty certain they use the exact same housing, so they should drop right in, you will need to change the 500k pots out for the active 25k pots though, and but a battery somewhere in the control cavity or rout a whole in the back of the guitar and get one of those spify battery box's

sup jag

from what i know dude, if you have EMG 707 Hz pups in the ESP, the EMG 707 should just pop in w/out any routing. [well it is pretty easy to put in a pup dude, it is the wiring that is a bitch - but then again www.emginc.com should show you how to do it. ;)] as for pots and foam and **** like that, you should get two 25K pots and a foam battery holder with the 707 pup. you need a stereo jack too. i am sorry if you already know this - just trying to help :D have fun!

Page.

just a little info, those battery holders for active pups are awfully expensive. just keep that in mind. if you got the dough and want to route the body, go for it! luckily for me, i found one similar at an electronic store that works equivalent.

- ESP 207 should have enough cavity room for a 9V.

Page.