Will Things Stick To Tung Oil?

I just ordered a new neck with a blank headstock, I also ordered that it be finished in tung oil. I plan on doing my own custom headstock decal per Jehle's instructions...but I was wondering... will the adhesive adhere to the Tung oil? When I hear "oil" I think...nothing will stick to this... am I wrong?

Thanks,

Ryan

I just ordered a new neck with a blank headstock, I also ordered that it be finished in tung oil. I plan on doing my own custom headstock decal per Jehle's instructions...but I was wondering... will the adhesive adhere to the Tung oil? When I hear "oil" I think...nothing will stick to this... am I wrong?

Thanks,

Ryan

Most likely is ia a polyurethane based tung oil and can be treated just like any other finish. Pure tung oil is not a good choice for instruments.

Yeah cool logo, there's a HUGE thread on copy right issues, its up the top of solidbody guitar chat. It probably shouldn't be a problem, though, if it's just for you.

This reply is for the last two actually..

Yeah, this is JUST for my personal guitar which I will probably own til I die. Verthein as I've either said or as you may have guessed is my last name..

I almost thought about doing like...since it's a strat but with Carvin electronics and a Carvin neck...somehow incorperating both names...

like Carvincaster or....Stratocarver....oo, I like that...

Anyway yeah the label is just for one guitar.