tradition guitars

thier link these are really nice instruments!i looked at one of thier prs rip offs and man is it sweet! there only going for like 500$ with real flame top tennon neck joint, and the quality is top of the line! way better than a gibson! and they have a style of basicaly every guitar!

Nice...

They look strikingly similar to guitars sold by Dillion and Raven. They are both made in Korea, probably by one of the big 2 (Cort or Samick). Dillion also has some Viet Namese models now.

Raven has a model PR450, and Dillion has a DR450, and Tradition has an MTP450. They're all very similar to the PRS hollowbody. See a pattern here? The models and nomenclature are strikingly similar. These almost certainly share similar origins. I had the chance to play the Dillion at a guitar show and it was SWEET! The craftsmanship was perfects, and it played like a $1K+ guitar. Real low action. They were asking $650 for it, but they regularly sell for around $300 new on eBay.

I really like the Star Trek f-hole on the Tradition though - not very traditional.

-Sven

Here's one up for auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=33045

The seller claims it's "Made by Ibanez"

...Hmmm, I wonder if this is true? The funny thing is that the Ibanez plant in Hoshino only makes a few high end models, most of the others are made by Samick and Cort, the same companies that make 90% of the worlds guitars, and probably make the Tradition, Dillion and Raven too.

-Sven

well i dont think theyre made by the same company? the traditions are a little thicker in the body and are made way better than the dilions, the dilions i looked at didnt have nice finish edges on them and the quality was good but not as good.

also the dilions are photo flame were as the traditions are real carved flame tops!