Humbucker, Piezo, Two Volumes, Two Tones....

Andrew_Rivett

Hello Project Guitar electronics guru's. I've lerked here for quite a while noew, but have never needed to post a thread because I've always been able to find an answer to my questions. Until now.

Basically what I'm wanting to acheive is two have two volumes; one for the humbucker and one for the piezo, wired like a jazz bass. The problem I run into here is that the piezo will require a 25k tone and the humbucker a 500k tone. So I thought I'd just add an extra tone, but how to do it. The way in which the two volumes are connected in the jazz bass wiring causes me to fear it may not be possible to have two seperated tones with this volume configuration, which is a shame.

If that is the case, I'd want to have a master volume, two tones and a blend, but I'm not sure how I'd go about this with a magnetic pickup and a piezo either.

Thanks for your time.

One thing that you could do is change the piezo buffer you are using. If you haven't already bought one, you could look into the cafe walter pzp-1 which is designed to match a piezo's impedance to that of a magnetic pickup, so you could use just one tone knob if you want. Of course, if you have already purchased your preamp, then you might want to wait and see what suggestions the actual gurus have.