Scarf Now Or Later?

Moreau

Hello Everyone,

I'm starting an SG necktru build and Ive got a few problems that I would like some advice on. I have a laminated neck, and one of the offset laminations is discoloured. So I was just going to cut in the angle of the headstock. But once accounting for the neck angle I plan to cut into the blank, and the fact that it is only 1.5" thick, I was wondering if it would be best to either, cut the angle in the neck, and scarf the joint once the neck was thicknessed, or, scarf now when its this thick, then cut the angle in the neck , therefore reducing the headstock angle by the amount of degrees in the Neck angle. Sorry if that made no sense.

If I scarf now, I will have the joint in an odd place, which wont matter asthetically, cuz I plan on Putting a veneer on both sides of the peghead. But I'm curious if the location of the scarf joint will be a good or bad thing. Again I apologize, as this would be best explained with a drawing...

Edited by Moreau