Middle Position Trim Pot

El Dangerouso

Hello All,

I'm wanting to affect the "mix" of the neck and bridge humbuckers in the middle position (more bridge, less neck). I have decided that the best move would be to wire up a trim pot internally, as I don't plan to change the mix once I've got it right. I would imagine this is a fairly common thing, but after a few searches, I haven't found this specific info on the forum. My question is this: What value pot should I use, and what are some good suppliers to get one from?

I saw the diagram you linked to, but I am confused. Why would I need two? I am only looking to cut the volume of the neck some when the switch is in the middle. I figured I could wire the trim pot (again the trim pot would be in the cavity, set and forget) between the lug that the hot wire from the pickup comes into and the one that is the contact when the (three way lever) switch is in the middle. I am pretty sure this is what I'm looking for in form (not necessarily value), but I want to confirm the value. The 500k (matching my volume) seems to make sense, I guess I could use 250 or 100 depending on the tone I was looking for form that P/U in that position.

http://www.alliedelec.com/Search/ProductDe...EARCH=&MPN=

I saw the diagram you linked to, but I am confused. Why would I need two?

Well, I guess you wouldn't have to have two now that you mention it. I thought you wanted a true blend pot. :D

A single pot acting as a fixed "volume control" as you suggest should work.