Odd Sized Metric Machine Screws For Reflex Pickups

vicarious484

Are you 100% sure about M2.2 threads? I have checked with a suplier on line that stock 1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.6, 1.7, 1.8, 2, 2.3 and 2.5 but they do not stock 2.2. So that seem to be an extremly odd size. Thats whyI asked the original question.

Are these for mounting bolts/height adjustment screws? If so, often you can screw a slightly larger size and re-thread it to the new bolt size. If you grind one to a semi point, you will find it easier to re-thread the hole.

I'd be surprised if it is in fact a metric bolt...seems a little strange...

pete

Are these for mounting bolts/height adjustment screws? If so, often you can screw a slightly larger size and re-thread it to the new bolt size. If you grind one to a semi point, you will find it easier to re-thread the hole.

I'd be surprised if it is in fact a metric bolt...seems a little strange...

pete

Great advice. Since they're made in England, I assumed they'd be metric. Yes these are the mounting screws. If M2 is too small and M2.5 too big, I thought it might be in the middle. In metric screw charts I've seen M2.2 and even M2.3 but I don't think they make screws that size. Here's the chart:

www.nutty.com/pdfcharts/metric_tap_drill_chart.pdf

The size is slightly smaller than 3-46 which is standard for American. I'm going to try 2-56 and if that doesn't work then I'll thread my own.

thanks...even though they may be "made in england"....this kind of claim is sometimes dubious...often mean made in india, branded in england. However, even if wound there, the bobbins and so the mountings are probably standard issue imperial/american fare.

I recently used 3M bolts on everything (being australian, we too have long been metric)~ pickup mounting, switch screws, string trees, etc... Got a bit of theme going. Of course, none of these things were 3M but all kinds of weird mismatched screws...that threading method worked on all of them...even screw into wood! A bit larger and allen head for general use, but the same principle applies...

BTW...welcome to PG...promoting the GOTM competition this month so vote for your fav (not necessarily mine)...

pete