Fret Ends

Hey I was wondering how to file the fret ends flush to the fingerboard end with out catching the wood at all?

After they're flush I was then going to bevel the edge, was wondering if they're was any advantage to beveling before the end is fully flush?

One its all flush I should seal the ends with titebond and saw dust (its an ebony board and I've plenty of ebony dust to make the glue black) and then wipe off the excess?

Cheers

I just use a flat file and it doesn't really catch the wood at all.

I also file them flush before I start bevelling, I don't think you could do a consistent bevel otherwise. Other people may do it differently.

I seal up my exposed fret slots with superglue and ebony dust. I don't know how well the color will match with titebond, it may work fine. I prefer superglue because it's clear and will harden really fast. After all the slots are filled I hit the sides of the board with a sanding block and go through a few grits to smooth down all the little bumps. With ebony, they slots are totally undetectable.